Well lets see, last time I managed to post was in November................where the heck does time go?
There are never enough hours in the day.
Everything around here is still pretty much the same as usual, Jeremy and I drag ourselves to work everyday and Walker gets to play all day long (where is the fairness in that?).
I have decided that the life of a 5 year old is never ending laughter for his/her parents. The other day I got an email from my friend that watches Walker during the day telling me what happened when Walker threw a pencil at her daughter (groan) here is what followed when she asked him why he threw the pencil....
Walker threw a pencil at Gaby and hit just below her eye :( He got a time out.
Although the throwing wasn't funny his response on why was:
M: Why did you throw the pencil
W: My body wanted to play
M: Is throwing pencils playing
W: no
M: So why did you throw the pencil?
W: My body was in freak out
I have to admit that when I got the email I was rolling with laughter, true the situation was NOT in any way funny and I am very sad to admit that my child throws things at other kids, but with that response I couldnt help myself. I do have to be grateful that my friend was able to hold it together long enough to put him in time out (well deserved I might add) .
He does still manage to amaze me with the things that he learns, he can now write the entire alphabet (more or less copy the letters you write for him, but does really good), and wants to play store or resturant all the time. A couple of weeks ago he walked up to me and said "mom today Im gonna pretend to be a teenager.....(pause and gasp from me)" (UM......NO). I managed to breathe after a few seconds and asked him why he wanted to pretend to be a teenager, his reply was priceless "Because teenagers can help cook and clean better". Lets just hope he keeps that mind set when he is really a teenager.
Some day I will have to sit down and figure out how to add pictures to my blog but until then anyone can go to picasa.google.com/jdmeek and check out all the pictures there that Jeremy has uploaded from the camera (thank you honey)
No comments:
Post a Comment