Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Life at the Meek House

I rush home from work only to remember as I am walking in the door that Jeremy has to go back to work tonight to help get ready for inventory.......ewwww

So now that its almost 9 I have Walker in bed and refusing to sleep until "Daddy" gets home so he can have goodnight hugs and kisses, even though Jeremy gave him hugs and kisses before he left to go to work. I made me realize just how grateful I am that he is not working the overnight shift anymore. Life was rather crazy and family time was non-existant when he had that schedule. Walker and I spent most days trying to be as quiet as possible so Jeremy could sleep. Trying to fit family time in when schedules are completely opposite of each other was so hard. Ive decided that day time jobs are almost manditory when you have small children (atleast for us).

Its also that time of year when I get to sit back and think about what Ive accomplished in the last year as I get closer and closer to yet another birthday...ughhh.  My big birthday present to myself this year is rather lame but I will sure enjoy it....I managed to get 3 days off of work so I will get to have a really nice long weekend and bonus time to spend with Walker.

Life here for the most part is the same as usual, nothing exciting or extraordinary, its the same basic routine every day, we get up get ready for the day, Walker and I do some school time before I have to leave and then he heads next door to play and Im off to work. I do know that Walker LOVES when its time for Jeremy to come home. That is thier "special" time together...I have no clue what they do but they have fun doing it.

I do wish there were more hours in the day so I could get more done, my house is always in some sort of disarray and I am always behind on something. I just have to keep in mind that everyone here is healthy and happy and that is what is most important.

 

2 comments:

Monk Family said...

So happy to hear that your are all happy and healthy. That is the best gift of all. Sounds like you are doing well. Oh, Walker is getting so big. You guys take care and see ya soon. Love, Nancy

Meek Family said...

I need more hours as well but then I would just want a nice LONG nap. Glad to hear you are doing well.