Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blustery Day and Memories

Today reminded me of Winnie the Pooh.......

You know the Blustery Day story where Piglet becomes a living kite and Pooh is holding on to a string from his sweater....one of my favorites.  :)

My grand plans for going out and getting the rest of the leaves from last fall raked up and finding a place for my little plants to grow, were shoved to the back burner yet again thanks to the wonderful wind storm. I think its safe to say that I HATE the wind. Walker wanted to go out and ride his bike today and play outside, and even though I felt like crap (stupid head cold) I had planned on going out with him, but thanks to the wind it was not possible. I think that if he had gone outside he would have blown right over.

So once again the windows got closed and Walker and I spent a nice quiet day inside. He is so good and entertaining himself, he colored, played with his toys, painted, played with play-doh, and did some school time (although he thinks that he doesn't need school time anymore because he starts school this fall). 

I had made some chocolate chip cookies after Walker went to bed last night ( I had a horrible craving) he was so excited to see them this morning when he woke up, that it took quite a bit of convincing that they were not breakfast food. I was finally able to talk him out of having one for breakfast and he had one for snack after lunch, that kid will eat anything for breakfast....lol.

My love for facebook has grown, over the last little while I have been able to get in touch with friends from school that I had lost contact with over the years, but the past couple days were the best yet. As some of you know I was a nanny on the east coast for several years. I found my  long lost friend on facebook, and through her I have found other friends. Oh the memories that came rushing back, I just for a moment wished that I could go back to that time, just for a day and relive all those fun times and see everyone again. It is so hard to believe that it has been so long, everyone is all grown up with families and children of thier own, my how time flies.

No comments: