It's that wonderful time of year, my favorite to be more precise. From Thanksgiving all the way to New Years'. The time that we get to eat what we want, and spend tons of time with loved ones.
This year was no different and I am very thankful for that.
Thanksgiving was spent with my family in Blackfoot, it was a nice relaxing day, except for the fact that the grey cloud of Black Friday was looming over Jeremys' head all day long. This year he was part of a "Response" team and had to go in at 3:30am, needless to say there was an exceptionally early bedtime for him that night.
The day after Thanksgiving the tree went up, Walker and I stayed home while Jeremy went and "played" with all the crazy shoppers. I have been known to attend the crazy Black Friday events, but this year with Jeremy working and no one crazy enough to go with me and lack of childcare I was lucky enough to avoid it all :)
I love watching Walkers face light up with the joy of Christmas. He loved decorating the tree with all the ornaments that he has made over the last few years, and picked out his "favorite" store bought ones (the blue sparkle ones). For a craft one day we made a Christmas Countdown paper chain and he enjoyed taking a chain off every night and really liked when it was getting closer to his birthday, without any thought of my own the countdown served two purposes!
For Walkers Birthday this year we decided to stay home and just invite a few people over for cake and ice cream, it was so much nicer and quieter than the place that Walker would have chosen, but I prefer it this way.
Christmas Eve was here before we knew it and Walker kept asking every 10 min if it was time to go to Gigi's house for dinner, he was so excited to go spend time with his various family members. Christmas Day was just as neat, we started off the day by opening presents at home and seeing what Santa had brought him, then one of my favorites Breakfast at Kris and Donalees! After stuffing ourselves and having great conversations, we headed down to Blackfoot to round out the day.
I am so thankful to live close to both of our families. They are all amazing people and I am truly blessed to have all of them in my life.
As the year winds down, I start to think back on the events of this past year. So much has happened both good and bad, but we are all happy and healthy and have loved ones close that we can spend time with. For all of you reading this, thank you for all your love and support, we love you so much and look forward to another great year filled with many fun memories!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment