Saturday, April 3, 2010

I have been terribly remiss about blogging as of late. Not because there are a million things going on in our lives, but rather because of sheer laziness.  I do still log in and read everyones updates and stories of life and children and each time I do I think to myself "I should really update, so everyone knows that we are still alive and kicking", but something always pulls me away from the computer.  So here we are almost 1:30 in the morning I'm finally finding the time to type.

Walker is still doing very well in school. At his last parent teacher conference I was happily informed that he is a "strong student" and that there isn't really anything that his teacher believes that we need to focus on with him at home. I am however to remind him to always try to pay attention when she is talking. She informed me that he is not the one starting the conversations but rather the other children sitting next to him that just love to talk to him, and she says that she can see him trying his hardest to not talk, but it just gets the best of him. He lost his first tooth while at school (it would have happened at home if he would have just let us wiggle it out). It came out while he was in gym (his FAVORITE part of the week), and apparently after much crawling around on the floor the prized tooth was found and placed in a tooth shaped necklace to bring home. Apparently however while at recess this necklace came apart and was lost on the playground. Walker came home and firmly announced "It's ok mom, I will just lose another tooth and then the tooth fairy can come visit". As the mom (and maybe its just me) I was sad that I wasn't going to get to hold onto (just for a little while) that first lost tooth. I calmly explained to him that the tooth fairy knew that he lost it, and she would find it and still come visit him, that put a huge smile on his face. He is now working on his second tooth, maybe this one will come out at home, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Walker has always been very fond of animals and loves them all, and is always telling us that he wishes we still had a cat so he had a pet.  Due to his allergies a cat was out of the question, so (putting aside my fears) Walker now has 2 pet mice. Stuart and Ralph have been an interesting addition to our family, they are lively little guys who sleep all day and run all night.  I do have to admit that I even enjoy watching them play on the mouse wheel, they have it all figured out, the run and run and run and then hang on and flip around and around, its hilarious to watch and sends Walker into giggles. Walker is responsible for helping clean the cage every week and making sure that they have food and water, he has done a great job so far and I firmly believe that he will continue to do so. He is so proud of his pets and will tell anyone that asks all about them.

Life here is pretty much the same as always, the house may not ever be spotless but we are happy and content. There is a roof over our heads, beds to sleep in, food to eat, and love for each other.  I'm so grateful for my little family, and the joy and happiness they bring me every day. I'm very blessed to have a wonderful husband who adores spending time with our son, he may not be the best at helping out around the house, but the time that he spends with Walker more than makes up for that in my eyes.




1 comment:

Meek Family said...

Good luck with the pets. You are so much braver and nicer than me. To be honest, I was really glad when our fish died.