Summer was here and gone before I even got a chance to really enjoy it. I do have to admit that it was a fun filled time for Walker, he loved summer vacation but missed school. Walker will be starting at a new school this year. Monticello Montessori Charter School will open its doors on Sept 20 2010 and Walker will start 1st grade. He is so excited to go to a new school and I am very excited for a new learning program for him. I have been a fan of Montessori for quite awhile and was very excited to learn that a new school was coming to our area.
Between work and life in general it has been a busy summer. Walker spent his days playing outside and getting quite the tan (it makes me jealous)
The Blue Angels came and did an air show in Idaho Falls, we are lucky (maybe not the right word due to the noise for the whole week while they practiced) enough to live close to the airport and were able to watch most of the show from our front yard. Walker and Jeremy spend the day on the lawn with the lawn chairs and of course the hose (Walkers favorite summer accessory)
August came and it was finally time to go CAMPING!!!!!!!! I love camping and I love going to Tendoy with the family. Its so nice and peaceful, great conversations and time by the campfire, and the 4 wheeler rides (cant forget those lol)
We decided that 3 days wasnt long enough last year so Jeremy, Walker, Paul, and I left Tuesday morning. We arrived and were immediately greeted by starving super mosquitoes. I firmly believe these bugs were immune to mosquito repellent.........we came home with so many bites our whole bodies itched.
Walker got the worst of it though, a few days after we got home he broke out in a severe case of hives. The only thing I can think of was that it was an allergic reaction to the bites. The Dr. put him on steroids and zyrtec and benadryll, luckily within a few days they had dissapeared and he returned to normal.
We got some new family pictures taken (Im horrible about getting them done). Jeremys cousin Matt was kind enough to take them for us, they turned out amazing!!!!
Well thats the last few months crammed into a short post. I hope everyone had a great summer!

3 comments:
Cute Family Pics. I was hoping we could get Matt to do the whole Meek Family before the good weather is over.
'bout time girlfriend!! ADORABLE family pics.
Thanks for sharing! I love it when blogs are updated. See you soon.
Post a Comment